Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: American Haiku - afternoon shot

  1. #1
    Inactive Member machinery's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2001
    Posts
    631
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    scribbles on concrete
    ...there's writing on the walls!
    but I'm not gonna read 'em.

    dark hair going down the aisle
    I sit but my eyes follow
    ah her hair's too dark

    I saw her coming down the steps
    I turned right...
    not today

    her skin is real tan
    I wanna see more
    "hey, what are you doing tonight"

    Day's real wild
    no food, no sleep
    I continue to move

    Bright sky
    a tall brunette waves
    I don't even know her name

    1:15pm
    I'm in a dark room
    but I know it's sunny

    how many Rockafellas are out today?
    You one?
    You?

    haven't talked to her today
    I want to
    but no need for any discomfort

    worker with a broom
    bending over to get under tables
    she's got more than a rear

    a black bird
    lands on a gutter
    and walks on the hot roof


  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner parch's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 11th, 2001
    Posts
    453
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    last one hit home w/ a similarity to japanese haiku..kinda////

    they all kinda followed like a day's walk and i like that...2nd one i really liked but it didn't fit anything i'd call haiku...i just really liked it anyway...so maybe that's where you're goin, maybe you found somewhere that's not haiku,, something new and good...like that 2nd one... i don't know.

    all in all they're a different style so keep goin w/ it and i'll keep readin.

    ___---parch


  3. #3
    Inactive Member ranter's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 27th, 2001
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i liked 'em but i dont think they captured the same feel as the ones you put out the other day, its as if you were trying a little too hard on these, whereas, the ones you wrote the other day felt like they came a little bit more naturally...keep workin

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •